If you are picking up your kitten in person....
(My favorite way for them to go)
Pickup of kitten and travel needs....
Half Down non refundable deposit of kitten is made at time of purchase Paypal (preferred).
Balance is due at pickup.
Payment at pickup must be in Cash,
or paid in full by Paypal prior to pickup
(Paypal account not necessary as I can send you
a request from Paypal that you can pay with Debit or Credit Card
through Paypal for safety.)
Appointment for pickup so that kitten is ready for the trip is necessary.
1) Have an appropriate pet carrier (you don't want him/her to get loose as you make "necessary stops"-- please leave a/c on, preferably leave someone in the car, and make stops brief),
2) small or disposable litter box, if extended trip (puppy pads are sometimes used in the carrier as well),
Shoe box, tin square pan, or Walmart disposable litter box all work great for temporary use)
3) a bottle of water, (and a small bowl to put it in -- screw on lid is nice to avoid spills)
4) kitten food that he/she is used to eating., (and a bowl to put it in)
5) and a scoop (will be necessary if the litter is used).
6) A plastic bag for used litter removal, (as necessary).
7) Optional toys (help to pass the time)
8) Optional... Some people like to have a cat leash and harness when traveling... especially if you will be leash training your kitten (for making sure the kitten is not lost at rest stops). Obviously the training comes later. The purpose now is safety when entering and exiting the car.
(Never leave your new kitten in a hot car without a/c running or for extended periods.... your car may have limited time to run in a parking lot before it automatically shuts down - mine does)
Just for fun... Link to leash training your cat below...